Friday, January 31, 2020

January Progress

My January Mini was a record-breaker for me - inspiration to binding in eight days!  The quilt is 12" square, so hand quilting breezed along.  I followed the character (wrong turn on a couple blocks) to replicate the charm of the original.  There are 36 1" hourglass blocks in the center and 12 3" Four Patch blocks.  I might not have chosen the best backing, but my winter stash is limited.  Washing added a lot of texture - I used Quilter's Dream Request batting.





Here's my January progress on Dear Jane -


Triangle Right 7, F8 Church Window, D10 Battlefield, Triange Right 13, D12 Crosse Swords, A8 Florence Nightingale, J3 Rick's Volleyball Net, and A6 Uncle Homer.  The block that's missing sashing is A11 Pebble's Protest.  I ran out of fabric to finish the narrow outer block border so hoping I'll find more of the fabric when I return home in the spring.  The DJ blocks finish at 4 1/2" - tiny when the block contains lots of pieces.

I'm also working on a large quilt I started at a November retreat.  This project is fun to intersperse with other sewing because all the cutting is done!


I've selected my February Mini and started drafting the center applique block.  More Hourglass in my future this month.

Thanks for stopping by - Happy Stitching!


3 comments:

  1. Oh.. I LOVE it! The fabrics, the colors... I love how the red dances around the quilt and draws you in. And those tiny hourglass blocks! Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. I wish I had made it - ha! You DJ blocks are very nice. I hope you can find more of the fabric you are out of. Like Sandy said; "Those tiny hourglass blocks are incredible."

    ReplyDelete

Scrappy 'T'

I've been sewing 'a block a day' since January 1st.  My stash is limited to strips and random fabric scraps in the winter.  I...