Thursday, January 23, 2020

Excuses, Excuses

I've been creating my posts on a tablet - no keyboard.  It  suddenly stopped charging a few months ago.  The worst consequence was the loss of three years of photos :(  I'm hoping my tech savvy grandson can help me out when he's home from college.

The upside is Christmas brought me a Microsoft Surface (hybrid laptop/tablet).  I'm loving the keyboard, file system, and Office apps.  I'm hoping to be more consistent in blog posts.

Poking around on the internet on Tuesday, I found Katy's post on her 2019 Small Quilts.  What a great idea!  I'm on board - 'A Mini a Month'!  I started Tuesday night, finished the top on Wednesday and sandwiched and started hand quilting today.  What fun!


A 2020 goal is to get my Dear Jane into a completed top.  I started the quilt more than 20 years ago.  I'm roughly half done.  I'm targeting mid November - before the Dear Jane Retreat in Shipshewana.  I've been making good progress in January.

I hope your New Year has started off on a positive note.  Happy stitching!



2 comments:

  1. Love the hourglass quilt. It is exactly what a quilt is supposed to look like in my mind. Just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that small quilts can help me get over the inertia of just reading blogs and that is as far as my quilting goes, for weeks on end. Completion of any quilt size helps one get over that!

    ReplyDelete

Scrappy 'T'

I've been sewing 'a block a day' since January 1st.  My stash is limited to strips and random fabric scraps in the winter.  I...