Monday, March 23, 2020

Twinkle, Twinkle

Another little quilt to add to the hand quilting waiting list.  The spark was the purchase of three fat quarters at a local quilt show and an antique Ohio Star scrappy quilt from American Quilt Classics from the Collection of Patricia Cox, p 126.  The c. 1875 quilt, shown below with my fat quarters, reminds me of the lullaby that is the first exercise of piano students.




My little quilt will finish at 25".  The Nine Patch and Ohio Star blocks are 4.5".  The inner border (one of the fat quarters) is 3/4".  The outer border finishes at 2.25".  The borders are added log cabin style to accommodate the length of the light fabric - only 1/2" to spare.










These sweet star blocks are a comfort during these crazy days.  I might make more scrappy stars with a common alternate block fabric (like the original) - simple pleasures!

I'm thankful for - 1) my location - sunshine and warm temps to walk; 2) healthy family - no incident as yet; 3) cherished friends - Jamie, if you're visiting, and Jan; 4) wifi to allow long-distance contact and expanded TV; 5) online library access!

Take care!!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet quilt! Beautiful fabric choices and color palette! Stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such tiny blocks! you have more precision than I do!

    ReplyDelete

Scrappy 'T'

I've been sewing 'a block a day' since January 1st.  My stash is limited to strips and random fabric scraps in the winter.  I...