Friday, June 26, 2020

Bits and Bobs, Odds and Sods

June has marched at double speed for me - no thought for my little quilt and we're on the last week.  So, yesterday I dug out the odd blocks hiding in a drawer and pulled something together.  It was a fun process and by evening the top was together.  I started with the border hourglass (18) and hst (2) blocks which finish at 3.5 - 20 blocks computed to a 21" square finished outer measurement leaving a 14" inner square to fill.  Four identical nine patch blocks (finishing at 3") became the 6" center square leaving 4" on each side.  Two rows of a combination of 2" finished four patch (32) and hourglass (8) blocks finished up the top.  I see partial stars in a couple spots - like they're peeking out from behind clouds.  I think this one will be fun to hand quilt - lots of different fabrics to study.






I've been doing some knitting - finished two sweaters and a few cowl, scarf pieces and made a tshirt quilt.  I really should be culling and organizing, but that's not much fun.



I'm anxious to start putting the scrappy stars together, but need to finish piecing the hst.  Soon!

Jax approves of June's little quilt.  Oh, those sweet puppy eyes!





4 comments:

  1. I love this little piece. The scattering of hourglass blocks with the four patches adds a lot of vitality. Your knitting is lovely. Knitting is something I've never quite mastered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much math for my brain, but I adore your little quilt! Especially that you made it from leftover units and scraps - right up my alley! I love how the 9-patches twinkle ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely collection of 1800's reprints you have! I love the variety that they have over the decades. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ve been busy! This may be my favorite doll quilt of yours yet. It really looks old.

    ReplyDelete

Scrappy 'T'

I've been sewing 'a block a day' since January 1st.  My stash is limited to strips and random fabric scraps in the winter.  I...