Friday, March 6, 2020

Quilting by the Gulf Quilt Show

I attended the Venice Area Quilt Guild show today.  It is mostly an art and modern quilt show - lots of great work and good vendors.  The book sale area was well stocked with great titles.

Here are a few of my favorites -

'My Husband's Ties' by Janice Tuck, a memorial quilt made from silk ties for a close friend.



'Amalfi', a first place winner by Deborah Iversen



'Batik Dresden Neighborhood' by Sue Balazs - a happy community.



'Starry Night' by Crystal Allan, quilted by Frank Palmer, is based on Alexandra Ledgerwood's Floating Prisms.



'Wonky Log Cabin' by Crystal Allan received an honorable mention ribbon.




It was a great show - lots of smiling faces.

I picked up a few books for my winter library and three fat quarters.  These fabrics will be the foundation of my March mini.  The wheels are turning!


I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my favorites.

1 comment:

Scrappy 'T'

I've been sewing 'a block a day' since January 1st.  My stash is limited to strips and random fabric scraps in the winter.  I...