Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Movin' On

Borders are on - this one's coming off the wall.  This is the back to the Devil's Claw.  That top will finish at 94" (larger than normal for me), so with additional border width for attaching to longarm, this is at 100.5 - outgrew the design wall.  I exchanged the inner green border for hourglass blocks of two consistent fabrics.  I needed an additional inch in this border to accommodate the 'Puss in the Corner' border, so I added an inch strip of a third fabric to the center of each side.  I'm not looking forward to attaching binding.




I have a block in mind for my next project, but lots of detail to work out.  I was hoping to work with leader/ender Log Cabin blocks, but after checking the spot where it will live, I'm six blocks short.  I can still start playing with layout.


The Autumn Clematis went crazy this year - what a fragrance!


Thanks for stopping by - have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. Let me understand, this quilt will be reversible? Wow! This side is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely traditional quilt! I love the T block. Wow your clematis really did go crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Scrappy 'T'

I've been sewing 'a block a day' since January 1st.  My stash is limited to strips and random fabric scraps in the winter.  I...