Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Florida Quilt Museum - Part II

A few more quilts from the Florida Quilt Museum -



Crosswick's Mariner's Compass Quilt (1840) was sold at auction in 2000.  Judy Kaman Grow wasn't the final bidder, but reproduced the quilt from photos and notes.



The Whig Rose Quilt (c 1850), owned by Teddy Pruett, is named after the American Whig Party which formed in 1835.  Women voiced their politic opinions through their needlework.  This quilt pattern was the most popular red and green applique design  throughout the mid and late 19th century.





The Double Irish Chain quilt top is from the collection of Judy Kaman Grow.  It looks the perfect Christmas quilt to me!


Yesterday was a beautiful day for the Cub's home opener!  I'm hoping spring continues to find us.  Hope the sun is shining on you, too.

1 comment:

  1. I keep saying that SOMEDAY I will make at least ONE Whig Rose block!

    ReplyDelete

Scrappy 'T'

I've been sewing 'a block a day' since January 1st.  My stash is limited to strips and random fabric scraps in the winter.  I...