Monday, September 2, 2019

Quilt Challenge

Occasionally, Jan and I will instigate a quilt challenge.  The latest one I completed was lingering for a few years.  We each bought a custom jellyroll of reproduction strips from Boline's at the Chicago Quilt Festival.  I can't remember the 'official' challenge rules - I just know I didn't adhere.  I added two yardage fabrics and bits and pieces to finish out the nine patch blocks.  It's been so long ago that Jan's quilt is MIA.  I call mine 'Who Are You?' cause it's so different from my usual.


The lighting is never good for pictures - sorry.  Not sure if it's finished or if I'll add on - breaking more rules :).  Here's a close-up of one section.


We're taking a road trip next week which includes a little retreat time.  I found this Faye Burgos fabric, Chestnut & Vine Strip-It, while working on a fabric storage project.  There are 17 different strips in the width.  I cut the yardage in half and offered the challenge.  Each fabric length is about 40".  I plan on some creative cutting in advance.  My added yardage is across the top.


Here's a peek at my fabric storage project.  This armoire is in my back hall.  It was a big open area with three tipsy stacks of yardage - hard to see and retrieve.  I've been wanting to tackle the problem for a year, but couldn't get the engineer (husband) to land on a solution.  The answer was in the lower level all that time.  Sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horns :)!



Thanks for stopping by - have a great week!  Weather has been glorious here.

2 comments:

  1. No wonder it took a few years! Those HST would drive me bonkers, the quilt is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason my dyslexic eyes read, "take the bully by the horns"... LOL! Maybe just add a tap light so you can see what you have in there?

    ReplyDelete

Scrappy 'T'

I've been sewing 'a block a day' since January 1st.  My stash is limited to strips and random fabric scraps in the winter.  I...