Wednesday, July 4, 2018

V & A Textile Tour




Happy 4th and Happy Birthday to my firecracker hubby!

 If your travel plans include London, I highly recommend the 'Antique Needlework Tour at the V & A' hosted by Ann.  There are two ways to book the tour - thru Airbnb and Eventbrite.  The Airbnb search engine doesn't bring up the tour, but an online search of the tour title will bring up the airbnb link.  Or, visit Ann's beautiful website at antiquelacelady.com and click on 'Textile Talks Itinerary Page' and then 'The Antique Needlework Tour' which links to the Eventbrite site.  Be sure to check out Ann's  blog from the menu dropdown.  She introduced me to pieces I would have never stumbled across on my own and her stories enriched each piece.  This cover or wall hanging from Bohemia (dated 16 October 1790) was hidden in the elevator alcove.  It's appliqued in wool and silk.  Amazing!





The black raspberries were prolific this year.  The abundance of rain was good for something.  Batch four and five are pictured below - a record 42 jars of jelly this year!


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!
    In Carol Veillon's June Quiltmania email, she mentions visiting Vicki in Indiana to take book photos. I hope you're the Vicki she's referencing! I'm a long time admirer of the quilts from your blog and that you shared at Gwen's seminar a few years back. Congratulations and very best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You put a smile on my face - thanks so much for your kind words and for remembering me! It is me!!!

      Delete

Scrappy 'T'

I've been sewing 'a block a day' since January 1st.  My stash is limited to strips and random fabric scraps in the winter.  I...