Sunday, May 19, 2019

Contrasting Flying Geese

I've started a project requiring small Flying Geese units with dark nose and lighter wings.  Luckily, I ran across the spark of another project with same measurements and alternate shading.  The units finish at 1" x 2".  Using the Easy Angle and Companion Angle rulers, I've found a 1 1/2" x 4" fabric strip yields the correct pieces for both units - mirror-image wings for one project and a nose for the other!

I fold the strip in half (1 1/2" x 2") with folded edge to the right.  Using the Easy Angle ruler's 1 1/2" cutting line, I cut two mirror-image wing pieces.



 Opening out the remainder of the strip, I trim up the nose piece, again using the 1 1/2" cutting line.



This yields two wings for one project and a nose for the other.



Here's the start of the small project - a one block sample quilt on display at Prairie Stitches Quilt Shop in Oswego, IL.  They graciously allowed a photo.  An internet search for credit credentials states the shop is 'permamently closed' - :(


Hope sunshine and sewing are on your agenda this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrappy 'T'

I've been sewing 'a block a day' since January 1st.  My stash is limited to strips and random fabric scraps in the winter.  I...